John J. Bryfonski, Chief of Police
55 Constitution Drive
Bedford, NH 03110
For Immediate Release
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017
Contact: Tricia Tiedt
Email: [email protected]
Town of Bedford Offices Closed for Winter Storm
BEDFORD — Chief John J. Bryfonski and the Bedford Police Department would like to alert all residents that Bedford town offices are closed today due to the snowstorm.
Bedford Police, Bedford Fire, and Emergency Services are always open, willing and ready to serve the public.
Today’s closing includes the following:
- Bedford Town Office Building (24 North Amherst Road)
- Bedford Public Library (3 Meetinghouse Road)
- Bedford Community Television (10 Meetinghouse Road)
- Transfer Station (77 Chubbuck Road)
All will reopen tomorrow morning at their regularly scheduled hours.
The Bedford Police Department offers the following safety tips in light of today’s storm:
- When shoveling snow or walking outside for more than a few minutes, dress appropriately, with exposed skin covered, and wear a hat and gloves.
- Ensure that your home or business sidewalks are properly shoveled, and place salt or ice melt to prevent people from falling.
- Help out the Bedford Fire Department by shoveling out your nearest fire hydrant.
- ALWAYS clear the tailpipe of a vehicle that is buried in snow BEFORE you start or warm up the vehicle. Failure to do so can be fatal for those inside the vehicle.
- Keep stocks of batteries on hand for radios and flashlights in case of a power outage.
- Never use your oven as a heat source
- Do not use space heaters while sleeping.
- Keep space heaters at least 3 feet away from bedding or combustible materials.